Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome to Townsend Follies

I've recently come to realize that my life has begun to look like an extended showing of America's Funniest Videos. With 4 kids, ranging from 3yrs to 12yrs old, and a husband who is constantly making me laugh/cringe, life in the Townsend house is almost always chaotic, but entertaining.

Right now, I'm sitting downstairs on the couch listening to all 4 kids and the dog "clean their rooms." I should probably go check out the odd noises I'm hearing, but I can't seem to convince myself that actually walking up the stairs and turning into Drill Sargeant Mom is a good idea. It's fairly quiet down here. No one is following me to the bathroom. I haven't wiped anyone's snot with my bare hands. I may actuallly get the kitchen clean without having any additional messes made.

My good friend writes a series of articles for her local paper and runs a website devoted to coupling and other womanly things. She's asked me to contribute in the Home Organization section. Apparently having 4 children and a home makes me qualified. My tips aren't rocket science (they pretty much center around 2 items - plastic baskets of all sizes and ziplock baggies), but I'll be testing my articles out here before sending them on to her.

And...that was a bang I probably shouldn't ignore. It wasn't followed by any screaming, but it sounded like they were going to come through the roof. Better get up there...

No comments:

Post a Comment