Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Parental Fail

Boy, I was on a productive roll today! Got the kids to school on time (yes, this is progress), ran some errands, grabbed lunch for me and Bacon, got to school with just enough time to get to the end of the hall and wait for her. I was so looking forward to seeing her big, excited smile when she rounded that corner and saw that McDonalds bag (and me, of course)!

And so I waited... and waited...

Several minutes past the time her class usually arrives for lunch, a 1st grade class made their way to the cafeteria. The teacher looked inside and noted out loud, "oh, the 2nd grade isn't here." I replied, "oh, they aren't here yet." And she said, "NO, they aren't HERE. They are on a field trip."

And then I remembered. They WERE on a field trip. A field trip that I was signed up to be a chaperone for.

This parenting stuff is really hard on the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment